Welcome to my new series on my top 10 essential oils and how to use them.
I'm starting with lavender, which is the one oil that people are most familiar with. It is user-friendly and very versatile. Lavender is a go-to for a range of issues from sleep to bug bites and lots of things in between. Let's check out how you can use lavender!
1. Sleepy Time! Lavender is one of the best essential oils for sleep. Rub a drop of lavender on the bottom of your feet, or back of your neck for sweet slumber.
2. Relax. Add 5 drops of lavender to a half cup of Epsom salts and add both to your bath water for a relaxing soak.
3. Sting Soother. Put a drop of lavender on a bee sting or bug bite to take away the itch or sting.
4. Burn Relief. Dab a drop of lavender on a burn to help your body heal itself quickly and to reduce swelling, redness, and the pain of a burn.
5. Stop Sneezes. Add equal parts lavender, lemon, and peppermint to a roller bottle with fractionated coconut oil. Roll under your nose and behind your ears to relieve seasonal sniffles. (This is also a good way to use essential oils for snoring.)
6. Diffuse Away Soreness. If you've overdone it in your workout and your muscles are sore, diffuse lavender at night to help with recovery. You'll sleep better and your muscles will feel better the next morning!
7. Freshen Laundry. Add 2-3 drops of lavender to wool dryer balls to freshener your laundry, naturally, without the toxins found in dryer sheets!
8. Love Your Nails. Mix a few drops of lavender with fractionated coconut oil. Rub on your fingernails and cuticles each night before bed to help strengthen your nails and soften your cuticles.
9. Relieve Irritation. Rub lavender on skin irritation, including pesky chafing. It will calm your skin and allow it to heal.
10. After-Sun Soother. If you've gotten too much sun, rub lavender on red areas.
Do you have any favorite ways to use lavender? Please share them in the comments!